bathplug release thing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi guys
can anyone tell me what the twister plug release thing is properly called at the end of the bath.
it is a 3inch by 1 inch thick disc that when you twist it it pushes the plug up and out.except mine dosnt now it just spins and i have to get the plug out with a knife. :(
ive thought of just putting a normal plug in there but the hole dosnt seem
deep enough so i might end up having to repair or by a new one.

cheers

Sponsored Links
pull out the plug and see if there is a bolt screwed into the bottom of it

this bolt is screwed in and out to adjust the height it sits on the pop-up mechanism

If the bolt was loose it may have fallen out. If so it might still be in the trap under the bath.

While you have got the plug out, turn the knob and see if the lever goes up and down in the plughole.

A new pop-up waste is not very expensive to buy, but a plug and chain is even cheaper.

edited:

my mistake,
you say the knob just spins? In that case most likely the screw that fixes the knob to a spindle is probably loose or has fallen out. The knob has a small hole in the rim. It wil line up with the screw, probably when the hole is facing either straight up or straight down. Try to tighten this screw into its groove. You might find it easier to do this if you first undo the screw enough to pull the knob of, so you can see how it works. A small torch wil help you look through the hole.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back