bathroom downlighters

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am fitting down lighters in bathroom 2.35 x 2.30 how many do you think I will need also how far apart do I position them Many Thanks

Sponsored Links
You would be better off discussing that matter with you local bulding control officer (BCO) - this work would come under Part P of the building regulations.

You are allowed to do the work yourself but must pay the fee to have BCO come and check and test your work and issue the appropriate certificate.

Alternatively and probably cheaper if you employ and an electrician who is a member of a competent persons scheme.

I am fitting down lighters in bathroom
That's where you're going wrong.

Downlighters are not designed to light rooms - in fact they are specifically designed to not light them.

So you'll need lots, which is ridiculous.

You'll have problems complying with Part L, and as it's a bathroom you may have Part C issues.

BAS, you will be getting a new name at this rate, B A D (ban all downlighters)

Sponsored Links
When you consult BCO you might like to think where your appliances are; how you want them lit; what type of lamp you will have in your downlights; what wattage lamp you will have. The BCo may have an answer. If you can tell you local electrician what you want then he/she will know the answer. It's between one and ten.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back