Bathroom electrics question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I bought my house last year, which had new wiring installed. For the past year a 2 fused sockets (which is used to switch off the bathroom lights) has been bugging me. One switches off the power and the other does nothing. I've just remove the switches to find out that the 2 switches are connect not just to each other but the the first floor mains ring. Now i'm no expert on wiring (but have helped an electrician in the past wire another house) but i'm sure that the bathroom lights should be on the lighting ring even though is has a bathroom fan connected.

I have the documents from the previous owner who had the wiring done.

Whats the best course of action. Leave it as it is or get an electrician to connect it correctly.

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Nothing much wrong with having lighting connected to a fused spur unit with a correctly selected fuse in it.
Not a brilliant asthetic design having to use it to switch the lights on and off tho.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back