Bathroom Extractor Fan Issue- Vent Axia

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi everyone,
i had this extractor fan installed about 4 years ago and its been working fine until about 3 days ago. its set to over run for about 15min once its switched off , which it has been doing fine past 4 years.

however now if its switched off, it does not stop running. keeps running until i turn it off at the isolator. if i turn isolator back on, it stays off as it should and will start working if i turn it on with the switch.however if turned off, it keeps running until i use the isolator to switch off. very strange.

the fan and the bathroom lights are on seperate switches. lights work fine.

any ideas please what might be causing this and how to fix? or is it a case of replacing it altogether?

many thanks and have attached pics if its of any help. thank you

Attachments

• IMG_4710.jpg
    IMG_4710.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_4711.jpg
    IMG_4711.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Sponsored Links
thank you . i guess it a case of replacing with new unit. many thanks for your reply. appreciated.

Probably. I don't know if it would be cost-effective to replace the circuit board.

Someone else may know and say later.

Sponsored Links
thank you sir. really appreciate your responses. i will replace it. as you say, it wont be cost effective to replace just the board. best and easier to replace unit with new one and get warrantee for it as well. thank you

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back