Bathroom fitters.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Feed to an electric towel radiator. The rad is at the other side of the wall with the flex terminating into the back of the FCU.

dff8f02c.jpg

It's fed from here:

e7a5173a.jpg

Yep that's a cooker outlet used to joint the 10.0mm² shower supply and spur the towel rad. B40 at the CU :rolleyes:

80190f5c.jpg

Sponsored Links
Nice lack of earth sheath also!

At least the cooker connection unit is rated sufficiently for the job if nothing else!!! :D

love the way the cord grip was used and they did nt even put the lid on :LOL:

Think they did - RF took it off for the shot: top of middle piccy.

Sponsored Links
Anyway, it's Yorkshire - the third world according to Monty Python - so what do you expect. ;)

I'm actually quite impressed to see JBs mounted on a bit of wood with some attempt at clipping/strain relief of cables - they are usually just lying loose!

Kind Regards, John.

Wiring is old colours, could be 20 years of age. Was there a requirement way back when for plates?
You have a point.

Don't know.

I doubt that all of it is that old though - I'd have thought that 10mm² would have been very unusual for a shower circuit 20 years ago.

But they're required as soon as RF does anything to the cables and puts the floorboard back ;)

To be honest the old wiring in the house is done to a good standard. All neatly clipped, and central joints feeding 2 or 3 rooms each, and steel cappings down the walls to switches etc.

Unfortunately it's the same old story. No CPC on the lighting and class 1 fittings all over the place and a distinct lack of sockets throughout the house, plus some idiot has tried to make additions without actually having a clue what they're doing, so unfortunately it's all getting cut off and replaced properly.

Found this beauty under a bedroom floor today.

88ba7e21.jpg

What a disgusting mess. It really pee's me off that these chancers are riding around masquerading as electricians, taking peoples hard earned money and leaving garbage like this behind them :evil:

But they're required as soon as RF does anything to the cables and puts the floorboard back ;)

Are you sure about that?

Surely if adding to these cables or rectifying the junction box then you would only be responsible to ensure your new work or new part of the circuit complies with the current edition of BS7671. A note on the certification should be made if it was considered that this observation may give rise to danger.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back