Bathroom installation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HI.

Im in the process of replacing my bathroom suite. Everything has been removed (suite, flooring tiles) and is going to be replaced like for like. Im wondering what is the best order to do this in. Do i tile before installing suite, install suite before or after flooring etc.
Any suggestions appreciated

cheers

Rich :confused:

Sponsored Links
p.s my plan was to tile the walls then fit the flooring then install everything else afterwards????

You don’t say if you’re using ceramic tiles for the floor? Either way I would do this first as you don’t want to be cutting in & around the sanitary ware! If it’s a suspended floor & your tiling, make sure it doesn’t flex & is suitable; do a search for archive posts on tiling timber floors. Then tile the walls except for the run immediately above the bath; install the bath & sanitary ware (taking care not to damage the floor!) & tile down to the top of the bath leaving a 3mm gap. When wall tiles have set & dried, fill bath with water up to the overflow & apply a bead of silicone sealer into the gap; leave overnight to cure before emptying the bath. Use only trade (not DIY) quality waterproof adhesive & grout which must be flexible on suspended floors.

hi,

i didnt make it too clear in my first post. Im laying laminate flooring and tiling all 4 walls. I thought it would be easier to do the floor first as no cutting is needed but some people i have spoke to have said otherwise.
Cheers

Rich

Sponsored Links
HI.

Everything has been removed (suite, flooring tiles) and is going to be replaced like for like.

No mention of laminate flooring there.

Did the 'some people' give any reasons why not to lay the floor first?

Because it seemed a good idea when I did the same job that you are planning.
dave

Im laying laminate flooring and tiling all 4 walls. I thought it would be easier to do the floor first as no cutting is needed but some people i have spoke to have said otherwise.
1. Its a bathroom. Humidity and water make laminate flooring expand like a sponge. It wont last a month.

2. If you do fit laminate (Dont), fit it AROUND the shower, bog and bath. You dont want to be taking the bog up to remove your knackered floor every month.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back