Bathroom light nightmare!

i apologize if i went of on one bot i was trying to gather information
i came on this forum to help and be helped bit a lot of threads
seem to turn bitchy thought it might be my turn
any way look forward a good info exchange with you
all the best

Sponsored Links
Are you sure you changed 'working' fuses with the 'blown' fuse as I advised, with no change in 'scenario' ?? I take it you checked the circuit that you put the 'blown' fuse into. :eek: :eek:

Ed

Sponsored Links
Yes I understand, but when you changed fuses around you didn't realise that the problem was the fuse ????? :eek:

For folk making future reference to this thread, Eddy has made a good point. I see at least 2 lighting problems a week where the customer has called us out saying "the lights went out so I changed the fuse, but they still don't work" and when I get there, they have indeed changed the fuse wire, but it has snapped as they tightened it up. Usually this happens at one end close to the screw, so it is very difficult to see. Indeed, I have been fooled in the past (only once, though!)

Another problem-solving point to be gleaned from this thread is that there is a possibility that even if power were restored to the circuit, those corroded & heat-damaged connectors may well have prevented continuity.

Would a washer stop the fuses wire from breaking? i.e the washer doesn't rotate. Just a thought.

They have little washers. But unless you allow a little slack in the fusewire, it can go taught when the screw is tightened up, snapping the wire.

Yes I understand, but when you changed fuses around you didn't realise that the problem was the fuse ????? :eek:

No because the lights still did not work, so I thought it couldnt be a fuse problem.

I didnt have a multimeter and all the fuses looked intact. (They are like normal plug fuses in plastic holders)

You can't tell just by looking at a normal enclosed fuse, you need to test it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back