Bathroom Light Replacement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm a completely beginner when it comes to this kind of stuff. This is my current bathroom light, which is bright as hell. It does have a screw on cover, but that doesn't shield anyone very well from the sun that is this light.
Image preview

I've never seen a light like this before with a load of LEDs and screws in it, but what i'd really like is a dimmable light instead. Ideally, with light changing options, kind of like this:

Anyone know if there is something similar i can replace my current light with, or do i need to unscrew and take it off to see what kind of fixture is underneath?

Sponsored Links
All lights wire in the same way, what type or style they are is mostly irrelevant.

Very likely some additional connection terminals will be required, and/or some junction box in the ceiling space above.

All lights wire in the same way, what type or style they are is mostly irrelevant.

Very likely some additional connection terminals will be required, and/or some junction box in the ceiling space above.
Ah yeah that makes sense, thanks for that. Sounds like i might need to get a professional to look at it so i don't burn down my house

Sponsored Links
Yep, i went ahead and bought that amazon light. It's dimmable and has backlights which the misses wanted to add mood lighting when she's having a relaxing bath

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back