Bathroom Lighting - Additional Switch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

This question is one that has recently been asked, but i don't think reached a proper answer.
I'm trying to sort the lighting out in the bathroom. First of all when i first got up into the attic above the bathroom, all of the wires were fed into a set of those little connector blocks. Even from an untrained eye, this just didn't look right!! Anyway, i've now got rid of the blocks, and thanks to help from this forum and website i've fitted a 20amp junction box. I've also connected an extractor fan to this via a triple pole isolator switch.
Now, onto the lighting. At the moment i've got one lightbulb in the bathroom (again, i don't think this is technically legal??). I want to get rid of this and fit four spot lights. I don't think the height of the bathroom will be an issue, because its an old edwardian house with the high ceilings (well over 2.25m high). I want two pull cords. One of them controlling two spots and the extractor fan, and the other controlling the remaining two spots.

I'm thinking that my only option would be to add another junction box, so that one junction box will feed the first two spots and the fan, with the second junction box feeding the remaining two spots. Would i be right in thinking this, or is there an easier way of getting round it??

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Yes easist option is another JB.
If your fitting elv spots your would be advised to fit one transfomer per light, cost is only marginally more but it means you dont lose all the lights from one TX at the same time.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back