Fitting spots in the bathroom, no earth terminal in lights

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys, you were so helpful in my last post I thought I'd ask this quick question.

I fitted three spots in to my bathroom and daisy chained two of them off the previous single light fitting using a junction box. However each of the spots only had live and neutral and no earth terminal. I have used cable to link up the lights to the juction box which has an earth cable and have linked these to a single separate block outside of the spots terminal blocks. I've then wrapped insulating tape around each.

Can I check with those of your with far greater experience, does this sound ok?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
If it has
Double-Insulated.jpg
a sign like one shown it does not need an earth.

Can I check with those of your with far greater experience, does this sound ok?
When you applied for Building Regulations approval, what did you say would be the way you'd ensure compliance with Part P, and given that you're asking this question were you confident that you would succeed in complying, and are you now confident that you did?

Also, did you ensure that the measures you took to make the installation compliant with (as appropriate given the building type and layout) Parts B, C, E and L were compatible with the lights?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back