Bathroom mirror electrics

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello All

I’m looking to move a bathroom mirrored cabinet and replace it with a mirror due to it sticking out too far. I would like one which is heated and built in bluetooth speaker maybe. Problem is the nearest power supply would be a shaver plug which is concealed in a bathroom storage unit.
have a look the 4th photo at post #236 on page 16 on this link

The cabinet protrudes too far out so plan to fix it on the opposite wall above the toilet replacing it with a mirror. The power source (shaving socket) is in the upper storage of the unit nearest the mirrored current cabinet.

Question is, is it possible to take a spur off this power source? If not, no problem l will just fit a normal mirror, would just be nice to have the option if possible.

Thanks in anticipation.

Sponsored Links
Alternatively, some mirrors come with a shaver socket so could i ‘repurpose‘ the current socket wiring and reroute it for the mirror itself?

Sponsored Links
To re-wire a whole house it may be worth paying LABC their fees, but for a small job in a restricted area just not worth it, get some one who is a scheme member to do the job, it's cheaper.

As for taking power for a heated mirror or shaver socket, it can really come from any source, as long as the appropriate protection is used, RCD, MCB, RCBO or FCU what ever the guy signing the paperwork feels is required.

If your still under LABC and work has not had the completion certificate yet, then up to the LABC inspector, I found some were very easy to work with, but some could ask for some daft things, but it is up to them.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back