Installing bathroom mirror with light in a bedroom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sponsored Links
You would have to find some way to gland or clamp the flex at the light. Without seeign the fitting instructions or the light it's impossible to suggest how that might be done.

It should be wired to a lighting circuit, or to a socket circuit through a fused connectionunit with a 3 amp fuse.

Thank you for your reply.

There is connection box within the light for Live, neutral and earth connection from power supply.

Short term could it be wired to a plug with 3 amp fuse? Once the wall has been chased out a connection unit with a 3 amp fuse can be installed next to and link up to the current power socket.

Yes, you can use a plug.

For others, This dubiously worded instruction:
upload_2015-9-11_12-12-34.png

is unclear.

There is no IP rating given and there are no restrictions as far as basins are concerned.

Sponsored Links
In the installation instructions the mirror has a IP44 rating. As it will be used in a bedroom and nowhere near a bathroom there will be no water ingress.

Ok, fair enough.
I realise you are putting it in a bedroom.

I just think the instruction is badly worded.

So if I wanted to install one > 0.6m from a water source, would that contravene the MI?

Maybe it's water cooled.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back