Bathroom mirror.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I did search this subject on this Forum but didn't really find an answer. We have a bathroom mirror (as attached) that has lost a lot of it's "coating" as can be seen. It is exactly the mirror we needed because of the shelf, size, existing fixings, etc.

Is there any way that mirrors can be "re-coated" ? This one has a chamfered edge all the way round and it is the coating on this that is deteriorating badly.
TIA for any advice.

Attachments

• Mirror3.jpg
    Mirror3.jpg
    208.7 KB · Views: 47
Sponsored Links
There are 'diy' re silvering kits out there but results can be variable to say the least!
You can get the done professionally (in another life we deal in art deco furniture- mirrors ect) as a ball park figure £200 per sq mt.
As above new mirror.

Thank you both, very helpful. It's just as I thought but it means that I have to find a mirror with similar fixings to avoid the wiring in the wall behind the mirror. Thanks again for prompt help.

Sponsored Links
Thank you both, very helpful. It's just as I thought but it means that I have to find a mirror with similar fixings to avoid the wiring in the wall behind the mirror. Thanks again for prompt help.
There are plenty of online suppliers, where you can design your own mirror for manufacture - example here:
Just upload a drawing in this case!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back