Bathroom PIR switch not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I'm trying to replace an old LAP PIR that was connected to the a bathroom light & extractor fan with a new one.

The current LAP one from Screwfix is a different design now, and I can't seem to get it to work.

I have a single live that is shared between the 2 live terminals, and I also have 2 neutrals into the 2 neutral terminals. I can hear a switching click sound when I re-apply power, but no light or extractor fan.

The new one is rated 1kw incandescent, 500w fluorescent and 250w led. Maybe the light and extractor fan is too much load, but the old PIR still works ok.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Yes, it has permanent L and N to the PIR switch,and a short bit of wire to also put that L into the load switched L and N which go off to the light and extractor fan. It already works with the old LAP PIR, but the newer design LAP it does not.

I don't know why. I might double check the connects though, as the old PIR had choc bloc style terminals, the new one has crappy little push connectors.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back