bathroom pull cord switch

crafty, ideally i want them to be put at the same place using that one set of wires. is it pos?

Sponsored Links
anything is possible.

you appear to be guessing what does does what, get a multimeter, learn how to use it and find out what cable does what.

after all you would not expect to be able to make a cake without reading the recipe would you?

I was under the impression you wanted to fit a switch where a switch once was before. full stop.

So you have a switch and a light to wire up then. You will have 2 cables to wire into the switch, connect live to the switch, switched live (to the light) to the other side of the switch, and connect the neutrals together in a terminal block, do the same with the earths. Then take the other cable to the light, and connect L N E as normal.

Could the old light have been one that had an intergrated switch/pull cord. Maybe you would have been better getting a light with this function for a straight swap.

Sponsored Links
thanks again for the help. From the configuration I have I think that the old light was one with an integrated switch. Unfortunatelly, the one I want to install doesn't have a pull cord switch integrated to it, but that's allright. What would life be if everything was straightforward? not that i would mind just for once!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back