Bathroom Pull Light Switch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,i need some help.

I am replacing a Bathroom pull light switch.I have replaced one before with simple 3 wires,Earth/Com/L1.The one i need to do now has 7 wires!?

3 Earth (yellow green) 4 Red.The Red ones however are all the same with no Black sleeve that i can see.

So i have put all 3 Earth into the top connector of the switch.I then marked 2 Red wires,put both marked in L1 and the other two Reds in Com,that failed,so i seperated both marked Reds putting them in L1/Com.Strangely now i can turn my Living Room/Kitchen lights on and off from the Bathroom,as long as the lights are on when i pull the cord.I have not managed to get the light on at all in the bathroom at any stage.

What am i doing wrong?

Do all the earth wires go in the same connection as i have done?

What does it mean if the connection is turning lights on/off in other rooms?

If i can figure that out,i may be able to identify the Red wires and mark them as they are all identical.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Some posts have been removed.
Got an electrician in the end,he sorted it.

Good move, best to not randomly stick wires into terminals unless you understand what they are doing, in which case it would not be random.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back