Bathroom refit Save tiles or new.

Oi, Vinn! naughty stepo_O:)

Now you've reminded me that I also need to update the window to an insulated one.

Thanks for helping me decide what to do. I'm going to clear it all out and fit a wet room.
I'm going to ask other questions on other forums.
Cheers,
C.

Sponsored Links
In your explanation how does: "1906 make more sense"?

Because the window looks earlier if you take the sanitaryware out of the equation.

I have to say, ree/vinn, or whatever your name is today, this is a bit rich coming from someone who is prone to jumping to hasty and wrong conclusions from photographs, especially as on this occasion you advised the OP to keep his antique specimens for their historical value, boosting the value of his house in the process, on the basis of no photographic evidence at all. Then deciding when you did see a photograph that it was a load of 1950s tat. I'm not going to descend to your level of personal abuse, but it does seem that the advice you give here covers the full spectrum, from the mostly useful to the utterly ridiculous.

Cheers
Richard

Last edited:
It's sad that this sort of thing happens on what I would say is a very useful and grown up forum. I have a friend who's daughter was bullied on social media, and committed suicide aged 12. I couldn't understand why she had kept looking at the abuse, and scoffed at Faceb00k. When Vinn turned negative, I was surprised, and hoped Richard wouldn't be upset (he doesn't appear to be:)), after all you both were giving good advice, and it was helpful to me. Please Vinn, will you reply and try to explain what you get out of such comments, and it would be good if you would apologise, even if it is difficult, then continue giving helpful advice without the childish behavior, unless of course you are a child, in which case we can take it, but at least think about it, for the future, as it isn't productive.
Camerart.

To **********************.

I'm still waiting for replies to Q's for what fittings? & how 1906 makes more sense to you?
And the howler that "The bathroom appears to have a sash window" - neither you nor I can see the window & you dont even know what type of sash it is.

"prone to" - please give examples?
Where did I use the words "antique or historical" - quotes please?
"no photographic evidence" ( "at all" is a redundancy and is therefore unnecessary). If the photo is not present on what basis would I refer to it? Although you have the gift of seeing a "sash window" through a blind?
"historical tat" - please quote your evidence for this invented nonsense?

From your friend Vinn, Cheers

You're being offensive,
Stop it or go.
Mod

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored Links
Camerart, if you feel so inclined please come back to the "Your Projects" forum and show us what you've done, when you've done it.

Cheers
Richard

I'm still waiting for replies to the questions I posed above?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back