Bathroom stud wall insulation advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, currently renovating my bathroom and need some advice on insulation inside a new stud wall…..

In order to improve pipe routing and also to provide some recessed wall storage in the shower I have built a stud wall around 120mm off of the existing, external blockwork wall. The stud wall will be boarded with tile backer board and tanked. This external wall is a breeze block/brick construction with cavity insulation in between.

For the existing, studwork internal walls I plan to put rockwall sound insulation in them before re-boarding with the tile backer board but wondered for the new external wall studwork if it would be better to apply rockwall thermal insulation or even if extra insulation in addition to the existing cavity wall insulation is a good idea at all? As mentioned above, the wall will form part of the shower area so do not want condensation to become an issue in the stud wall cavity.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
You are over thinking it a little. Always good to throw some standard cavity wall or loft insulation between the studs before you board it all up to keep everything tight and cosy - for this application it’s all the same stuff - don’t be taken in by the gimmicky names of different insulations, you are not trying to tick any specific insulation requirement boxes here. Get whatever is 100mm and on offer.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back