Bathroom Taps & Fittings from Germany - will they fit in the UK?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry for sounding like such an amateur, but I am!

The wife wants several bathrooms redone in a house we just bought. Going to be talking to a plumber next week. Was just browsing around to get a handle of the costs of taps, shower heads, etc.

Saw that there are some Germany based online shops like Reuter that do Hansgrohe taps and shower fittings that are much, much cheaper than in the UK. Even Grohe concealed cisterns flook cheaper, even with the lousy EUR/GBP exchange rate.

However, before I get my hopes up too much of saving some money by ordering from Germany - is there anything I should be worried about? Incompatible pipe sizes, etc? Invalidated warranties? Hassle with shops like Reuter?

Sponsored Links
Its always been cheaper to buy in proper europe,i get very good deals on boilers in Hamburg & Amsterdam ;)

You'll need to order some brexit adapters as well. They convert European 15mm to the standard 15mm we use in the U.K.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back