Bathroom transformer location

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Where can i hide my low volt transformer for bathroom lighting ?.

Lowered PVC style tounge/groove ceiling, obviously some sort of access is required if replacement needed.

Al

Sponsored Links
what sort of fitting are you putting into bathroom

I was hoping to use sunken spotlights.

Do you guys think access to the low volt transformer will be easy thru' each spotlight hole ?.

Al

Sponsored Links
As long as you can get the tx out through the hole, yes.

I've got a funny feeling you've bought a downlighter kit from Q&B and it comes with one ruddy great transformer.

RF Lighting said:
I've got a funny feeling you've bought a downlighter kit from Q&B and it comes with one ruddy great transformer.

No, but its gonna be hard trying to guess if transformer supplied will fit thru.

buy 3 transformers and 3 lights (or whatever number you desire), from TLC online, or screwfix, and the appropriate wires to connect them. Most trannies for individual lights, the electronic ones, are very small.

Al-Glasgow said:
RF Lighting said:

No, but its gonna be hard trying to guess if transformer supplied will fit thru.
Typical downlighter sizes range from 64mm cut out up to 75mm depending on manufacturer and if they are fixed or swivels. If bought from the sheds id take it back and buy something decent and rated correctly.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back