bathroom ventialtion

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a 100mm channel width extractor for my bathroom that i need to install. the wiring is all done and in place. the problem im having is with running the ventilation pipe.

i purposely bought some plastic 100mm PVC solid pipe to do the job, i was planning to run it straight through the wall from the site of the existing vent to outside. However, having removed the vent from the inside wall ive realised i cant do this. The existing vent is not level with the outer vent, its about a bricks height lower down if not two bricks.

Instead of having to drill a hole lower down to match these two up can i use the flexible PVC pipe instead, Is that acceptable for venting moisture?

I have a feeling you're going to suggest not to vent moisture out of a cavity vent which is what this would be. however im not sure ill be able to put the vent anywhere else in the room.

thanks

Sponsored Links
Inside Higher than outside - OK Inside Lower than Outside -not OK water will run back in:unsure:

sorry its not clear, the outside vent is lower down by about a brick or two in height.

is the flexible dryer type PVC pipe ok to use for this?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back