Bathroom Zones

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Folks

Bit of advice please. I've checked the forum but can't seem to find an answer.

In my bathoom the bath is sandwiched between the outside wall and a stud wall. The stud wall is full height and the shower is on it, with the shower over the bath.

The space between the stud wall and the other external wall forms a small shelving area with no door.

Now the question. What zone, if any is the shelving area in? You could theoretically reach from the bath into part of the cupboard but you'd have to remove the full height (hinged) shower screen first.

Is the area classed as part of a zone?

I'm thinking of installing electric UFH and was thinking if it isn't classed as a zone it may be a better location for the stat than outside the bathroom. The reason I ask is that one spark thinks it is zoned, and one doesn't.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Thanks flameport. When you say partially, where does the differentiation start/finish? Is it how far in you can reach from the bath or facing into the space.

The reason I ask is the rear wall (the possible location of the stat) may be outside Zone 2.

If I put a cupboard door on it would it make a difference?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
The zone is measured in a circle, with the centre of the circle being at the outer corner (shelving side) of the partition between the bath and shelves.
Radius of the circle is 60cm less the thickness of the partition wall.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back