1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

bathtub blocked drain

Discussion in 'Plumbing and Central Heating' started by Newby2, 10 Aug 2021.

1. Newby2

Newby2

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    My bathtub drain gets blocked very easily. I guess it's mainly due to hair and sludge cos my daughter uses the shower over the bath everyday. I tried un-blockers (a chemical bottle) and it improved for a few days and then became slow draining again.

My neighbour suggested the blockage could be further down the line in the drain, but I doubt it since the toilet and sink in the same bathroom work fine, assuming they all share the same drain pipe?

Any tips for me to keep it clear without calling in Dyno-rod? many thanks.

2. Sponsored Links
  3. CBW

CBW

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    If it is just hair, then I believe there are hair trappers that can be placed in the top of the plughole (don’t know if they’re any good though).

Last edited: 10 Aug 2021
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Elkato531

Elkato531

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Buy yourself a wet vac. The wickes one is only about £50. You will need to seal the overflow (I use a big lump of Blu-Tac) then suck the hair and gunk out through the plughole. I also use blu-tac around the end of the hose to get a good seal. You'll have to pick and pull some of it through but it works a treat.

• Like Like x 1