bathtub blocked drain

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My bathtub drain gets blocked very easily. I guess it's mainly due to hair and sludge cos my daughter uses the shower over the bath everyday. I tried un-blockers (a chemical bottle) and it improved for a few days and then became slow draining again.

My neighbour suggested the blockage could be further down the line in the drain, but I doubt it since the toilet and sink in the same bathroom work fine, assuming they all share the same drain pipe?

Any tips for me to keep it clear without calling in Dyno-rod? many thanks.

Sponsored Links
If it is just hair, then I believe there are hair trappers that can be placed in the top of the plughole (don’t know if they’re any good though).

Last edited:
Buy yourself a wet vac. The Wickes one is only about £50. You will need to seal the overflow (I use a big lump of Blu-Tac) then suck the hair and gunk out through the plughole. I also use blu-tac around the end of the hose to get a good seal. You'll have to pick and pull some of it through but it works a treat.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back