Battery for accenta mini

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What is the procedure for changing the battery on an Accenta Mini? My alarm has had the same battery for 7 years and is starting to go off for no reason. Do I just downpower the alarm by taking out the fuse beforehand?

Sponsored Links
no, just open it up (enter your code to silnce the noise) take the battery out and take it to maplin and by another one the same.

when you have the new battery reverse the procedure

thanks breezer , I have a battery already (Yuasa). Was wondering if I could just open up panel with risk of electric shock.

jamesmum1 said:
Was wondering if I could just open up panel with risk of electric shock.

You'd be better off without the risk of electric shock :LOL:

Seriously though, aslong as you dont start prodding about with bits you arn't sure about, and just swap the battery, you will not be at risk of electric shock.

If you remove the power and battery at the same time, you risk the panel 'forgetting' its programming.

Sponsored Links
Help... I changed the battery but noticed a few days ago that the alarm had gone off again while I was out. It seemed to be ok for a few weeks and then this. I did think it might be mice but I put down traps and plugged in a pest shield so I cannot blame mice.
Anyone have any idea why the alarm goes off for no reason?

Could be any number of things.

Is it the same zone causing the alarm every time?

need more info

what cct does it say is going off and is it the same cct every time?

but which, or are you saying its alwys both?

and what are they and how old are they?

It could be either one, but not both - the alarm and the sensors are all at least 7 years old - they were here when we moved in.

so you dont know which one then?

and you dont know what they are

they could be coming unstable

have you looked inside them (may be a spider has moved in (it does happen)

checked the voltage at the detector

checked the voltage at the detector with mains off at the panel

has anything fallen down

excessive draughts, window left open

anything moved

have you changed what the detector is "looking at" ie, new wall, mirror changed the heating on / off times

do they / it go off round the same time

checked the connections are tight

moved the detector

When I come back after being out for about 1 hour, either zone 4 or zone 7 is flashing on the small panel. I don't think I can look inside them, I would not know how to check voltage at the detector (is this the sensor?).

Nothing has fallen down, no draughts, nothing moved, no new mirrors etc.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back