Baumatic BT82.1GL cooker hood switches

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Anybody got any clue how to remove the switch bank on this please. Looks like it needs a complete strip down but surely that can't be right, I expected to be able to remove them with the extractor in situ?

Sponsored Links
All baumatic cooker hoods I have worked on you remove the filters and they are screwed on from the inside. The whole switch pack is then removed and another screw when removed allows it to open to gain access to the switches and board.

Every one I have looked at has been solder joints failing on the circuit board. Most of the time a fairly easy repair but once requiring a new board which was unfortunately no longer available.

All baumatic cooker hoods I have worked on you remove the filters and they are screwed on from the inside. The whole switch pack is then removed and another screw when removed allows it to open to gain access to the switches and board

The terminal block for the switch bank is 'hidden' behind a stainless flange on the main housing and I can't see any way of getting at it. It looks like there's a removable cowl around the bottom of the hood but there's no way to remove it as the rear flange seems to be spot welded to the rear cross member:-/

Sponsored Links
The switch pack is usually screwed in with a screw at either end of it, it then usually just lifts up and to one side with all the wiring still connected.

Not too easy to get technical info for as a lot of their kit was made by other companys.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back