Baumatic dishwasher - salt reservoir under pressure?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm trying to fix a neighbor's dishwasher, a 5 year old Baumatic unit. The fault is that the leak sensor has been triggered. This happened once before; I found very salty water in the tray at the bottom. I cleaned out the tray and dried it and ran it outside propped up on some planks connected to the mains and the hosepipe so that I see what was happening underneath and it was dry as could be and ran fine. So it was reinstalled and has been fine for 6 months. Now it's triggered again. The last time the leak occurred after the salt reservoir was refilled; this time the leak occurred several washes after the salt reservoir was filled. Coincidence or cause?

I have noticed in the past that when the cap is removed from the salt reservoir water spills out into the bottom of the machine indicating some degree of pressure. I would guess half to three quarters of a cup of water spills out. Is this normal? I have a water softener at mine so never have to add salt so have no comparison. I'm guessing it's this salty water that is somehow spilling into the leak detection tray. But why?

About a year ago I had to remove the spray arms and clean them; her children had run the machine without the strainer securely in place so food particles were clogging the nozzles in the spray bars. I also had to remove a piece of glass from the pump. Cack-handed dishwasher fillers!

I found this thread https://www.diynot.com/diy/threads/bosch-dishwasher-clean-metering-tank.487064/ which made me wonder if there are food particles from old clogging a vent or pressure relief.

I would be grateful for any suggestions. Last time I was able to disassemble the machine outside on a sunny summer's day; no such luck this time!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back