Baxi 105 HE from Plumb Centre

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Eh Up All

Baxi 105 HE is being sold at Plumb Centres for £499 plus Vodka & Tonic.

I am assuming this is cheap because its not Part L compliant???
How can they flog em if they are not lawful.

Anyway to get round Part L To install in new extension.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Technically Band B can still be fitted until April 2011 provided they were specified prior to October 2010

So is this a condensing or not.

Is it any good as well ha ha

Seem to be lots of probs but parts seem reasonable.

Sponsored Links
They are condensing but not quite as efficient as the current Band "A" although the difference is only a few percent.

They are not the most reliable boilers but many of the parts are easily available and used on other makes as well.

Tony

I like all the other variants of this boiler but not this one, had too many sof the round secondary heat exchangers at the top leak.

Fit around 40 105`s a year for the past decade and only had baxi out about half a dozen times .Had one main heat ex go , couple of boards 2 condensate traps broke and 1 noisy boiler.
And look after majority of the ones i fit and had very litle trouble with those other than diaphragm and the odd sensor couple of air pressure swtches and half a dozen boards.

All in all for price i would say its the best most simple boiler out there and better than boilers hundreds of£££ more

about as good a boiler you'll get for 500notes and at least you got a company behind it who'll give a decent warranty service, unlike many of the other joker companies flogging cheap boilers. The band B bit is the issue, you shouldn't be fittting it but you technically could get away with it......thats all im gonna say :)

Bengas WTF are you on about 15% fail rate.

6 callouts on around 400 boilers is around 1 point 5 percent fail rate learn to do basic maths :rolleyes:

Guess I missed the "for a decade" bit and took 6 out of 40 in stead of 400. :LOL:

Cheers Fellas

I was considering the fact the flow rate appears exceptional for the price. Seems i would pay double for the same rate with other boilers.

To be clear i was not contemplating an ILLEGAL installer. But i find all this efficiency stuff garbage given what the Chinese and USA are doing to the envoirement. Plus of course the billions of pounds of revenue that has been raised on the back of 'concern' for the planet with less than 1% of it actually being used to do anything to combat it.

If anyone has an alternative boiler with similar specs and value i would be grateful.

cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back