Baxi 105e fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please Help,
I have Baxi 105e combi boiler approx 3 years old when you run the hot water for approx 3 mins it the flame cuts out and you then get cold water after approx 1min it then powers up starting the whole cycle again resulting in a luke warm bath. The central heating side seems ok could anyone please point me in the right direction.
Thanks.
:mad:

Sponsored Links
The installer evidently did not properly clean the system when installing the boiler. Thats often done by power flushing.

Unfortunately after three years its a bit late to blame him and expect him to do anything about it.

Presumably you have never had it serviced?

Tony

Please Help,
I have Baxi 105e combi boiler approx 3 years old when you run the hot water for approx 3 mins it the flame cuts out and you then get cold water after approx 1min it then powers up starting the whole cycle again resulting in a luke warm bath. The central heating side seems ok could anyone please point me in the right direction.
Thanks.
:mad:

over the years any diluted debris from the rads dry out and bake inside the plate heat exchanger. Power flushing doesn't prevent this. You could install a filter on the return to prevent it happening again. You are best off taking the plate heat exchanger out and buying some cleaner from your local B & Q and that will get you going.

Sponsored Links
over the years any diluted debris from the rads dry out

Inside a wet central heating system?

Power flushing doesn't prevent this.

Are you sure? I have never had this problem on heating systems I powerflushed before I installed the new boiler.

You could install a filter on the return to prevent it happening again.

The water circulates inside the boiler in dhw mode, a filter on the return will do little in that case.

You are best off taking the plate heat exchanger out and buying some cleaner from your local B & Q and that will get you going.

Until it blocks up again. IF the op can get the hex out, AND put it all back together again.
How long have you been a RGI?

Cleaning or replacing the hex will only work so long. The system needs to be thoroughly cleaned. If this is done with a powerflush, the hex will be unblocked at the same time. Provided the flush is done properly of course.[/b]

Debris in the form of flakes appears to be particular culprit in blocking plate hex. Certainly can't think of an instance on own installations when powerflushed of any problems.
On questioning customers most will say system was 'flushed' at time of install, (except if NORTHERN GAS customer) however the specifics of what this flush entailed are usually quite vague.
I have known flakes to be present on newly piped systems, several years old, which I have put down to either poor qual' manufacturing of rads (cheap) or insufficient/incorrect dosing of inhibitor.

How long have you been a RGI?

What do you mean. This is the quality of the newer Heateam engineers

I agree the Heateam engineers here in Newcastle are useless. I had one of my customers wait 4 weeks for a diverter valve under warranty because the engineer told her he had to order it and it was out of stock. PTS had 5 in stock and the engineer who eventualy came back had one as his van stock??????? Where have all the good engineers gone Baxpoti?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back