Baxi 105e heating not adjusting from the dial

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys

I have a issue with a Baxi 105e CH not adjusting on the dial, the hot water is fine.. You can set it too max, and it will heat to max, but when i would turn it off within the first 2-3 seconds the burner would cut out and it would start to cool, but now it stays on max... If i set it too half way on the dial and it sits comfortably there, then i switch it all the way round to max nothing changes.. It seems to have a mind of its own.. i have no confidence it switching it on through the night, you it can fire up fine and warm up, you get up in the night and its freezing because its decided to cool down, although the dial is in exactly the same place?

Im now at a point if its on low and i want to turn it on to max, i switch it off, turn the knob to max and reset the boiler. when i comes back on it will heat to max and stay there.. if i didn't reset it, then it would stay on low no matter of CH dial adjustment position.

Thanks

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
If the lights indicate the increase or decrease of temperature ( it is not super fast- takes time) then I would suggest you stop twiddling the dial as anti cycling circuit will delay the action of boiler firing

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back