Baxi 105e hot water problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys. I have a baxi 105e and having issues with hot water. Seems to work fine when heating on. However when heating is off takes a lifetime for water to heat up. No fault lights flashing. Have already replaced the dhw diaphragm and thermistor. Considering replacing the whole diverter valve with new one (not a repair kit) looking for advice as to whether this will solve my problem.
Thanks

Sponsored Links
Does the boiler fire up and illuminate the DHW demand light when heating off and you turn on a tap?

Do rads get hot when you run a hot tap for a while?

Tony

Yes. Boiler fires up. Hot water light green burner light orange. To my knowledge the radiators dont get hot. However this morning i did notice the upstairs ones get hot. Yet heating timer was not active.

Ran upstairs bathroom tap and checked radiators. They do heat up.

Sponsored Links
So should i just buy a new diverter valve. Had repair kit for diaphragm and that came with diverter valve kit. Have read that these are not entirely reliable.
Also. This doesnt require the gas to be isolated. Just the water...correct?

I have never replaced a complete diverter, what can go wrong with the brass housing? All the internal parts can be replaced, and if done with due dilligance, the repair is permanent.. On the other hand, if you're not confident then a complete valve is the way to go.
Only the water is turned off, together with the system depressurised..

Fantastic. Thanks for your quick responses. Very much appreciated. Lets hope this fixes my issue.

Plus, be aware that if the diverter is stuck, then you may also have some detritus in your plate HE!

That will require a boiler engineer to sort out no doubt?

Not if you can get to it without compromising any room seals and you're up to the task. But I did say 'might' so, just have that in mind if you change the diverter and still have issues with HW.

Ok thanks. Will have a look at instructions and see how comfortable i feel doing it. If problem persists may have to call for a engineer

I would just replace the whole assembly rather than messing around with diaphragms , for a 100% fix

Page 37.
Plate Heat Exchanger is connected to the diverter valve so... Whilst you're at it, as they say!

Aha. Mine is page 35. This would require isolation of the gas i take it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back