Baxi and Heat Team nightmare

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Been called in to have alook at a boiler that I fitted oct 2004 (baxi 100/2 HE) Leaking inside filled up fan and burner with water.

After battling with heat team to get a service call without paying £200+, turns out that under magic boiler scheme you get a 2 year waranty.

Anyway Heat Team comes out, needs a new flue hood and heat exchanger, cant fit untill next Wednesday. What a nightmare.

The customer 80 years old, no heat and no hot water since Saturday has got to wait another week. Not very happy.

Surely Baxi are a big enough group that they have more engineers to call upon if needed. It makes Baxi look bad, me look bad for recommendeing Baxi in the first place and Heat Team look just as bad for there poor service.

Any suggestions for what the next move is would be greatfuly appreaciated.

I could fit a new boiler in an afternoon, but who would pay for that. Not Baxi thats for sure.

Matt - Angry installer

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Come on Jason, any comments!

Sponsored Links
I had an vented 100he barcelona (same heat exchanger) the other day, 3.5 years old, a side core plug (about six in total) popped out causing the boiler to flood filled up the fan and got into the lower control pcb,the burner is also cracked. flooding the garage floor, on inspection the plug was intact and was possibly not fitted correct.
Have also had the heat exchangers leak condense internally before, was told by baxi an internal deflector plate in the top of the flue hood caused this , again new complete heat exchanger required.

I can see your frustrations Matt ! we are very busy at the moment and we do find jobs like this extremely hard to fit in as they require 3 hours to do :confused:

One option available to you would be to have the H/exch delivered to site and fit that yourself :rolleyes:

Just a thought dont bite my head off for it ;)

Sponsored Links
No, it's a good idea, I would be happy to, but would I have to pay for the heat exchanger?

I have had a bit of a shake up with the Heat Team, managed to get to Monday.

Still over a week without heat, and it's b****dy cold at the moment in Hastings, must be the sea air.
It's a start

As a loyalty scheme customer I got them to send me a part, they do it for free, you just have to give them the serial number of the boiler. They say that they can arrange this through a local stockist. Unfortunately however our local stockist is totally disinterested in getting up off his fat arse and lollaping over to the counter, he was totally disinterested in supporting this endeavour. So Baxi gave me a number to call and the part was sent out by mail.

I have nothing but praise for the way they handle us loyalty program installers.

Only trouble is now I've got enough points to afford more than a tie or pair of socks I just can't decide what to spend it on! Should I go for the leather foot stool or the leather photo frames?

ive had these core plugs pop out on hex. I pushed it back in with LSX , returned 4 days later to find it still in place. kept her warm for 4 days .

I was called privately to a Baxi which was still under warranty. The time clock contacts were not connecting when switched on. I bridged it for the time being.

I called a less than helpful girl at Baxi who said that if I went back to the property and took out the faulty clock and took it to HRPC then they would give me a new one for me to take back to fit.

That would have meant two further visits to the property!

She refused to let me talk to a supervisor or to post the part to me. She would have booked a service visit and wasted their engineers time!

Totally useless I thought!

Tony

dont fit them then

i know a lot of engineers voted with the wallets on baxi when so many of the re 105 he where haveing problems and the heat team took too long to attend

they did offer parts for free but no offer to pay the engineers for there time wtf is that about we fix there problems and get squat i think not baby puppy

most of the lads now fit ferrolis and touch wood there back up is far supperior

anyone had no problems with a boiler and what make is it and i mean no problems ?

I only repair boilers.

The Baxi/Potty combis are fairly reliable providing they are properly installed on a clean system just as most other makes.

The problems I have regularly seen on these B/P are PCB, min gas valve setting ( very common ) but that is not the makers fault. Although the setting is very fiddly and critical and I put a dab of LSX on the screw to hold it in position.

Most of the other faults are due to dirt in the system.

Tony

Had a further result, Baxi are sending the parts to customer address and a sub-contractor is going to fit them Friday, 5 day earlier than previously suggested.

They can be helpful when they want to be.

Matt

Can anyone from Potterton explain why they are doing that for you ( at last ) whereas they would not do it for me?

Bill Roe ???

I am always happy to fit warrantee parts supplied by the manufacturer when I have been called ( and paid ) by the customer or completely free if we had fitted the appliance ( but dont do that any more now. )

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back