Baxi Avanta Plus 30Kw system or the Baxi Megaflo 28Kw

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We're having boiler problems with our Gloworm 30SXI which is 10years old (its been a nightmare since we purchased the house new with many parts replaced), and I now have to decide whether to repair the boiler again (looking at £200+) or replace the boiler. Someone who owes me some money has offered me a great price to replace the boiler with a Baxi and has offered me either the Avanta Plus 30Kw system or the Megaflo 28Kw. There seems to be varying reports on the Baxi boilers with some good, some bad and some indifferent reviews (would be interested to hear peoples thoughts on the brand), but I must admit I'm leaning towards replacing, especially as we would get a 5yr parts and labour warranty.

My sticking point then, is which of the two boilers to go for (they would both be installed for the same price) - can anyone offer any pointers/comments/experience as to what the differences are between the two boilers, how they find them if they have one fitted or install them?

Any help or advice would be very much appreciated.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back