Baxi Barcelona Lockout

Status
Not open for further replies.
gazthepottertonengineer said:
explosive ignition you mean :!:

there is a new modified modulation pcb for these have a look at yours if it has a yellow jumper (not the sort you wear) remove it if not buy a new board and remove it on that one and it will fire up on low gas rate stopping the explosive ignition ;)

Said it before Gaz.

The tin pot Company you work for should be replacing them FOC, then and only then can we, the installer have any confidence in your product.

Sponsored Links
hand on your heart do you know any other manafacturer that would replace pcbs on boilers out of warranty because of a noise on ignition :?: i dont think so :cry:

Thanks very much for the response. No, not the intial gas ignition that is ok: a gentle "Woof". I mean the noise that sounds like an accelerating jet engine that subsides after about a minute or so immediately after ignition; that is when everybody has woken up! After this reveille call, the noise is relatively bearable/ok, but the first time it goes on in the morning it is particularly noisy. It could be resonance that for some reason subsides at a certain rpm. This "jet-engine" noise may be repeated at the beginning of every cycle but I am not sure. There does not seem to be a rule governing it. I replaced the ignition electronics after it would not ignite about a year or so ago and removed the jumpers to give maximum output as some radiators in the house were not getting hot enough. They are hot enough now and we have the noise to accompany it!

Could resonance possibly be the sole culprit? I read earlier in this thread that fixing the pipes close to the heater might solve any noise that resonance is introducing. It is possible that the pipes are using the hollow wall as a sounding board but why does the noise dissipate/stop after an intial minute or so after ignition?

Any responses welcome!

gazthepottertonengineer said:
hand on your heart do you know any other manafacturer that would replace pcbs on boilers out of warranty because of a noise on ignition :?: i dont think so :cry:

A cheapo British boiler plus a pcb = a Viessmann quality boiler thats guaranteed reliable.

Ok blame the punter if you like for screwing the installers price down. Blame the sheds for demanding cheap mass produced cans. Blame the installer for excepting the rubbish and making a killing changing parts for the sake of it.
And blame the manufacturer for suppling that demand.

At the end of the day it's the end user that pays through the nose. The sale of goods act say the merchandise should be fit for the purpose it was advertised and sold, it also has to be serviceable for a reasonable time scale, not chuck it away every three years because it's costs are prohibitive.

Potty/baxi obviously either have problems understanding the word reliable, or their more interested in maximum profits.

The new Viessmann boiler is about to shake the domestic market to the core. Potty/baxi and the rest will have to compete in a completely different ball game or see their sales plummit. Ok there will always be a market for cheap boilers in new build, but how long will the public except 2nd best, things are about to change for the better.

As I've said before (I think) Grants offer an extended 15year warrantee on their heat exchanges, if they can do it so can the rest. That applies to PCBs as well, the're crap and you know it. :LOL:

Sponsored Links
there getting better though......................not been back to a new suprima pcb yet................

this post is locked as it was started in 2003

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back