Baxi Barcelona Lockout

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keston's I come across seem to be fairly unreliable. Fans RRP £400.

Sponsored Links
best thing you can do is to cut your loses and fit a gloworm or vailent condensing boiler as a fitter i have fitted most makes and i have found these two to be the most reliable and baxi barcalona to be the most unreliable

I've got one and it's been in for 5+ years minor probs the usual detonate ignition, electrodes burning out and for some reason the o rings in the base of the combustion box and the worst was the o ring in the return heat exchanger manifold which invloved a drain down and dismantle of the boiler to replacde the £3 ring.

Sponsored Links
theoldboiler said:
best thing you can do is to cut your loses and fit a gloworm or vailent condensing boiler as a fitter i have fitted most makes and i have found these two to be the most reliable and baxi barcalona to be the most unreliable

WHICH ONES BEST :?:

I read these posts and find that the boilers you like I have problems with here way up north. glow-worm and valient are not that popular and as for ideal condensers we have a housing scheme up here full of then and they're junk. Leaking heat exchangers, water in the gas valve from the condenser side, worcester expensive parts when they go down PCB,s and as for Suprimas won't entertain fitting them, had a 120 broke second day PCB!!!!!!! Use Halsteads, Ferroli & Buderus not as many probs.

baxiengineer said:
theoldboiler said:

WHICH ONES BEST :?:

I reckon that the mantle of worst boiler could soon be taken over by the glow worm 18 HXI....terrible. Give me a greenstar any day if we have to co condensing

Sorry but lost previous post when I wanted to preview it before submitting it.

I've had mind since 18-nov-01 and it started to play up winter of 2004 and then more and more until 6-8 times a day. But I'm like a dog with a bone and have found found out all the problems and fixed them without spending on so called qualified heating engineers and any spare parts.

Anybody still got this boiler and wants to sort it out.

Send me you problems and I see if can help

hi i am a baxi service engineer and you are quite correct the barcelonas name was changed to 100HE but remained pretty much same boiler ??

with answers to your lockout queries if boiler locks out after approx 10 minutes and light flashes red this is normally due to the spillage stat cutting in the one on the fan and this would be caused by the combustion door leaking heat after it has been on a while sometimes you can get away with tightening the door up but more often than not you will need to replace the inner combustion door seals as well ?? i hope this answers this

if the boiler fails to fire up it could be several things but normal faults are blocked condensate trap, burnt out electrodes or faulty ignition pcb ??

explosive ignition you mean :!:

there is a new modified modulation pcb for these have a look at yours if it has a yellow jumper (not the sort you wear) remove it if not buy a new board and remove it on that one and it will fire up on low gas rate stopping the explosive ignition ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back