Baxi Bermuda SP3

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a constant overflow coming from header tank, the water is hot. As a result of advice from several engineers I just changed the cylinder fearing the coil had broken causing cold and hot water to mix. This is obviously not the case now as water is still leaking.

I have a baxi bermuda sp3, only 5 years old. I have hot water and the heating is working fine. Bled all radiators after flushing the system.

Any ideas would be most appreciated as this is giving me sleepless nights just thinking about it.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
baxi bermuda sp3 is the fire type boiler is behind fire :confused:

try turning your pump speed down ;) or try raising the expansion pipe above the F+E tank ;)

Does the water flow even though the system is cold?
Is it the tank that feeds heating?
Have you checked the ball cock (make sure it is not passing)
I have heard of coils in cylinders breaking down but i have also come across mixer taps and showers passing.

andsam said:
but i have also come across mixer taps and showers passing.

Very true but then it will be the hot water storage tank which overflows.

Sponsored Links
andsam said:
That would depend on which tank is the highest.

Why :?: , a mixer tap only mixes mains cold water and stored hot water. The cold mains pressure forces its way up into the hot water storage tank and out of the overflow...or are you thinking stored cold feed aswell?

Sorry let me get my facts right. I meant if the the dhw header tank is filling it could be the ball cock or mixer taps passing. I must stop drinking stella and attempt giving people advice.

The water is feeding from the cylinder back into the cold water tank and slowly back out through the overflow. I can hear a hissing from the mixer tap on the bath. If I take the mixer tap off, shut off the cold water feed to the cylinder the warm water still trickles out the hot water outlet on the bath. The system runs whether the heating is on or not.

midnight - do you still have this problem?
If so, can you describe your system and all of the components?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back