Baxi boiler Combi 80 eco problem - seems to be no power?!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HI,

I recently re-pressurized the boiler through turning the tap below the boiler...I've done this before with no problems - but this time once I'd finished the greeb light seemed to have dissapeared on the front panel? Everyway I switch the dial there seems to be no power? I have followed the power lead to source and doesnt go to any switch on/off box - just to mains. I figured maybe the fuse had gone and found one inside the control panel but seems to be intact?

Can anyone help please?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
There is clearly an electrical problem.

There is no way that it can be guessed at remotely!

It needs a competent person with a multimeter and experience of electrical testing. Thats often a competent boiler engineer!

Tony

Thanks Agile,

I was hoping maybe there was another fuse in there somewhere I could just replace...

will have to get an engineer then...

Not solving your problem It should be on a seperate fused spur as wiring straight back to box is dangerous. There is a quick blow 2amp fuse in the boiler by terminal strip

Sponsored Links
thanks for taking interest namsag,

I found a 2amp fuse in the control panel on the left (the fuse is in a small black piece of plastic), I pulled it out to check and
it seemed absolutely fine, the wavey wire still intact!

I have had a look on the internet for already posted solutions, and I did find one where possibly the same thing happened after re-pressurizing a bxai combi and was caused by the RCD auto-switch? dont know what this is or how to find/fix?

probably a job for corgi engineer!

Its a common householders fallacy that fuses just blow!

The reality is that a fuse blows when the rated current is exceeded which is always a fault condition or very rarely a voltage surge.

To professionally test a fuse you need to measure the resistance or continuity. If you work on equipment a lot you will sometimes find a fuse which looks intact but the wire has come detached withing the end cap!

An RCD is an automatic tripping switch usually associated with the consumer unit. However to have tripped that would usually involve connecting something to earth while repressurising the boiler.

Could also indicate an earthing fault. Thats why owner blogs are not very useful guidelines.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back