Baxi boiler pump bleeding

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
How do you bleed the air out of a pump for a Baxi combi 80Eco boiler. Is it by the valve of top of that pump or the big screw at the front? If it is the value on top (black valve on top of the gold colour part) do you open till water comes out like how you bleed a radiator?
Thank you.

Attachments

• images(1).jpg
    images(1).jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 51
Sponsored Links
Take it that pump has not been fitted as yet
This could end in tears n

No it is fitted. I just uploaded a pic that I downloaded to show which parts I was referring to

No it is fitted. I just uploaded a pic that I downloaded to show which parts I was referring to
Loosen the small dust cap on the brass thing at the top rear of pump motor. Self purges

What was the reason for changing the pump

Sponsored Links
Thanks and you keep it open till all the air stops coming out.. should little bits of water come out like when you bleed a radiator?

The black bit should be loose as it vents automatically. Unless it leaks and closing it will stop that.

Thanks guys. Is there anyway to clean/clear the pump if there is any blockages in it as my pump gets super hot? Or do you just flush and clean the entire system with the likes of Fernox F3 or Senitel X400?
Thanks for your help.

Is there anyway to clean/clear the pump if there is any blockages in it as my pump gets super hot?
close the isolation valves at either side of the pump and remove the pump head 4x Allen bolts and gentley juggle it off and you will see if there is a problem in there, but very very unlikely

Thank you. I have checked the pump and it spins fine. I will try flushing the system with F3 leave it for a week or 2 then drain again and use F1 see if that helps.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back