Baxi combi 80e no flame

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My back combi 80e will no longer ignite a flame. The flame failure light does not come either. I have tried resetting it with no luck. I tried to find a small button the internal pipe on the overheat stat.. but could not find it. I could see the overheat thermostat on the pipe but no little button.
The pressure on the boiler is fine. The only thing I noticed was that the pump felt hot.
Any ideas how I get the flame back on?
Thanks in advance guy.

Sponsored Links
if the pump is hot it may well be stuck, with a demand for heat remove the large slotted screw from the front of the pump head ( a small amount of water will come out so place a towel below it) the using a screwdriver feel if the shaft is spinning if its not, try and jolt it free by spinning it with the screwdriver, if it frees off replace the large screw and it should fire the boiler, if it doesnt start spinning sounds like you need a replacement pump head.

Thank you.. do I do this with the boiler switched on or off?
Thank you again :)

do it with the boiler switched on and with a demand for the heating to come on.

Sponsored Links
Get the boiler serviced is the best advice I can give you.
Good boiler, easily killed by utter neglect

I tried taking the screw off and there is a screw another black screw behind it.. I tried turning it with a screwdriver but no movement
The pump just gets hot.
20180908_132504.jpg

Is it part that is readily available or needs to be ordered?

Is it case of buying a new pump or can I try to take it apart and get it spinning as i am unlikely to be able to buy a new pump during the weekend
Thanks again everyone for your help

Thank You, it is better to change the whole pump or just the pump head... as i can see that i can get the whole pump or just the pump head?
Thanks again all

I changed the whole pump unit but no success, I can hear the pump spinning but no flame on ☹

I can hear it spinning/whirling when i put the hot water on.. but again no flame. It is the same when i put the heating on.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back