Baxi combi 80e no flame

Sponsored Links
Thanks.. it is kicked it after after 2 mins

Now it's stopped working again.. only lights when i put heating on and not hot water only

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
There seems to be a 20 or so second delay before the flame ignites. Thanks for your help again :)

Thanks again for your help guys it is working all fine now but i have noticed that since changing the whole pump, the pressure on the boiler slowly drops... I have to top up the pressure once every week or 2 weeks?
The vent on pump is fully closed and 2 screws attaching the pump are fully tightened. Also there is no leak of water anywhere the pump. Anyone know what i need to check to find out what could be causing the slow loss of pressure?
Thanks again

did you use the pressure release valve to drain the boiler when you changed the pump

No i used the drain off point, which drained the boiler of water and pressure

Any ideas anyone please?

Check you pressure relief pipe outside for signs of a drip.

Put a ballon over the end if you can’t see a drip because of weather etc. And check after half hour/an hour of the heating being on

Check you pressure relief pipe outside for signs of a drip.

Put a ballon over the end if you can’t see a drip because of weather etc. And check after half hour/an hour of the heating being on

I put the heating on and it is letting out water on the outside pressure relief pipe, it is more than a drip and the pressure dropped to zero when it completely drained. What does the mean please?
Thanks for your help guys

Last edited:
I am no expert but I would say that your pressure relief valve needs to be changed especially as it's not just a few drips.

i have just recharged the boiler to 1 bar and put the heating on.. it is dripping a drop every 2 secs or so currently on the outside pressure relief pipe

i have just recharged the boiler to 1 bar and put the heating on.. it is dripping a drop every 2 secs or so currently on the outside pressure relief pipe

I’d isolate the boiler, drain, remove PRV by undoing the plastic but from brass bit. Clean it and try that.

Or you could open the filling loop and flick the PRV open a few times. Sometimes this cleans the dirt from the base.

If not fit a new PRV

Just a thought, does the pressure gauge go
Into the red at all when the heating is on.

Just a thought, does the pressure gauge go
Into the red at all when the heating is on.

It did not that twice, but not this time around and i have switched the heating on and off twice.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back