Baxi combi 80e no flame

If the pressure isn’t going from about 1.5 bar when cold into the red when the heating is on, you can rule out the expansion vessel.

The PRV needs cleaning or changing

Sponsored Links
the pressure is not rising into the red, but the radiators are not getting hot now. The heat flow pipe coming from the boiler is hot though as is the pump. The radiators have been bleed and valve on radiators also are open
The hotwater function works perfectly fine

Last edited:
the pressure is not rising into the red, but the radiators are not getting hot now. The heat flow pipe coming from the boiler is hot though as is the pump. The radiators have been bleed and valve on radiators also are open
The hotwater function works perfectly fine

Sort your PRV issue and see how it works then.

Thanks, I tried the inplace cleaning but still losing pressure slowly. I have ordered a new PRV, will see if that makes any difference thanks.

Sponsored Links
I put a new PRV on. But there still seems slight leak of pressure dropped about 0.2 bar over 3 to 4 days. No visible leaks on the boiler. Not done the balloon trick on the external relief pipe yet. Is there anything else I need to check?
The heating and hot water seems to be working fine.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back