baxi direct rewards

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, do you know how i sign up for baxi s direct reward scheme? checked out their website but could nt find any info.

also does the scheme cover Main boilers too?

also also can you backdate the rewards??

Sponsored Links
No only baxi you have to register seperatly for potterton and main . There is a contact email address on there somewhere only takes a few days normally . If you have a mate already registered get him to email them with your details and you will both get 1000 points after you register 3 boilers.

Will allow about a month of back dates

I'm part of Bonus Direct. Is this what you mean? It covers megaflo cylinders as well.

Ask your local Baxi rep for a form.

I'm part of Bonus Direct. Is this what you mean? It covers megaflo cylinders as well.

Ask your local Baxi rep for a form.

Any good g4u. Or is it one of those schemes that after installing 300 Duo-Tecs, 50 Solos, 25 210ltr Megaflos and 10 of their re-branded Kensa heat pumps you can earn enough points to redeem them against a Baxi baseball cap worth £2.99 - produced in Laos for 0.005p (per box of 24)?

Sponsored Links
Bribes to install carp boilers....such an unethical industry. :(

That's the only reason a lot of manufacturers stay in buisness...installers on a nice kickback and screw the customer.

I never understand why the quality manufacturers don't highlight this appaling buisness practice to the public; although even Viessman have now lowered their moral standing.

Bribes to install carp boilers....such an unethical industry. :(

That's the only reason a lot of manufacturers stay in buisness...installers on a nice kickback and screw the customer.

I never understand why the quality manufacturers don't highlight this appaling buisness practice to the public; although even Viessman have now lowered their moral standing.

By quality do you mean Worcester? Because they are where they are today after years of the aforementioned practice for British Gas. Only not so much kick back as brown tongue.

Haven't used it for a while, but now gone back to Megaflo's.

From the past I've had a Karcher pressure washer, a patio heater, hair dryer and a couple of other things that I can't remember.

From Ideal I got my Sprint 2000 and my Leica disto laser measure and from Siemens I got a non contract mobile 'phone.

All in two years approx. Not bad for only buying what I would have done anyway.

Now, as you know I usually fit Vaillant.

Haven't used it for a while, but now gone back to Megaflo's.

From the past I've had a Karcher pressure washer, a patio heater, hair dryer and a couple of other things that I can't remember.

From Ideal I got my Sprint 2000 and my Leica disto laser measure and from Siemens I got a non contract mobile 'phone.

All in two years approx. Not bad for only buying what I would have done anyway.

Now, as you know I usually fit Vaillant.

Good grief, that's better than a hard night's work on the Generation Game. It also puts Tesco's Clubcard to shame.

I certainly don't mean Worcester although they used to make a few good boilers 230s etc. They have the largest advertising budget but IMHO make some very mediochre boilers...vastly overated.

Well gas4you you are the prime example. You have willingly taken bribes from Ideal to install their appalling boilers. How do you feel knowing you have left a trail of customers lumbered with a pile of ****e that will cost them a fortune (and often faced with having to have a dubious extended warranty).

Do you have no moral obligation to your customers?

The only reason Ideal stay in buisness is due to your unethical practice.

Do you tell the customers about the kickbacks?

Customers rely on the installers judgement and good advice. Everyone in the trade know the comapny make the worst boilers.

The ultimate **** take must be Baxi's Duotecs with the £200 cash back. If I thought it would make any difference I'd see if the OFT would have a look but having just kicked the farmers and small retailers in the balocks they are only concerned with looking after big buisiness.

Perhaps I'm out of touch...I certainly feel an outsider. As a new entrant not so long ago the sheer dishonesty and coruption within the industry from both the manufacturers and installers left me totally dissallusioned.

I certainly don't mean Worcester although they used to make a few good boilers 230s etc. They have the largest advertising budget but IMHO make some very mediochre boilers...vastly overated.

Wouldn't touch WB with a barge pole :eek:

Well gas4you you are the prime example. You have willingly taken bribes from Ideal to install their appalling boilers. How do you feel knowing you have left a trail of customers lumbered with a pile of s***te that will cost them a fortune (and often faced with having to have a dubious extended warranty).

Wrong, I unfortunately was fitting Ideals before any incentives were offered :oops: I carried on fitting them through ignorance at that time, certainly not because of any bribes :eek: All my 'points' were back dated. Where do you get your info about carp boilers? On here :rolleyes:

Do you have no moral obligation to your customers?

Actually I do. How many other installers do you know of that still take up a customers case with a faulty boiler that may be 2 - 3 years OUT of warranty. I do every time, for no cost to the customer and have about a 95% success rate in their favour. It's who you know and how you put it across.

The only reason Ideal stay in buisness is due to your unethical practice.

Ideal stay in business through getting the likes of warmfront to fit their boilers, not me. You obviously haven't a clue about my business ethics. As said above, I honour my commitment to customers well after the warranty expires. I ALWAYS get a boiler up and running again for the least cost to the customer, regardless of whether I take payment or charge nothing. Being ethical, moral and honest pays great dividends in repeat business from recommendations:cool:

Do you tell the customers about the kickbacks?

I didn't with Ideal as, as I have said I only found out afterwards. With all boilers I have fitted under the A1 scheme, I have always informed the customer that they get the boiler at reduced cost and I got the £50 incentive for fitting them on that scheme. With the £275 grant for taking out storage heaters I ALWAYS informed the customer that I would keep my £50 and credit them with them the remaining £225.

Customers rely on the installers judgement and good advice. Everyone in the trade know the comapny make the worst boilers.

Yes I agree, whilst I take responsibilty for my judgements and recommendations, one cannot be expected to know a manufacturer is producing carp boilers when they are first introduced. Are we expected to fit a new boiler then wait 2-3 years before we fit the same again incase they prove to be carp design etc :rolleyes:

The ultimate p**s take must be Baxi's Duotecs with the £200 cash back. If I thought it would make any difference I'd see if the OFT would have a look but having just kicked the farmers and small retailers in the balocks they are only concerned with looking after big buisiness.

Perhaps I'm out of touch...I certainly feel an outsider. As a new entrant not so long ago the sheer dishonesty and coruption within the industry from both the manufacturers and installers left me totally dissallusioned.

Yes I feel you are out of touch and lacking in everyday experience with these matters.

See how you are doing in a few years and see if you can match my honesty, integrity and customer satisfaction rates. I'm obviously such an un-ethical, immoral and rip off installer (NOT) that nearly all of my customers always stop me in the street to ask after my health, family and how I'm doing with my business ;) They always ask me back for annual servicing and any other work they need doing as well:cool:

How about you :rolleyes:

Jeez what an old woman. ;) The Ideal Response provided sufficient evidence that Ideal were lacking the knowledge to make a decent boiler so there were no excuses when the Icos/Isar followed. Its the same with Potterton installers....previous boiler efforts (excluding old school designs eg Profiles, Primas etc) had been poor so no excuses with installing Promaxs etc.

As for Vaillant the Turbomax Plus was a farce with several basic design faults (due to arrogant German engineering) and should have been a warning to all those still considering Vaillant as a "quality" brand. They have suceeded in buying up several dross brands, lowering their standards and have the un-enviable reputation for their boilers catching "fire". At PHEX I even found the reps in despair at some of the ridiculous design eg the pressure gauges with no numerics. Apart from failed heat exchanger seals, leaking hoses, faulty pressure switches and spurious error codes I'm sure they are wonderful boilers. ;)

I do have sympathy with installers trying to pick a reliable boiler and it is unfortunate Ideals boilers came back to haunt you. This was not really your fault and I take back any "dishonesty" implied. It is only a few years down the line we can tell how well a boiler performs but by then it is due for replacement with the next model (at reduced quality).

Yes I feel you are out of touch and lacking in everyday experience with these matters.

I meant that I do not posess the qualities required to compete in this trade (certainly around SE London)...that is, the ability to install carp boilers and lumber the customer with a moneypit. The corruption and dishonesty has become so endemic within the industry is has become the norm to rip customers off and leave them with appalling installations.

As someone else once said the heating industy is no place for the honest.

I don't need to justify myself to you since I gave up installation work...I just pick up the pieces from all the botched work.

And just so you don't get your knickers in a twist again I repeat you are very very very honest. :D

Some good points G/guru, but to supply the right R&D, design/build quality would require product cost to rise sharply. A good thing if ownership costs reduced but in a market where consumers want CH systems for 3 figures, hard to see a manufacturer who'll have the bottle.

Some good points G/guru, but to supply the right R&D, design/build quality would require product cost to rise sharply.

Perhaps a marginal increase but the manufacturers are now producing boilers with so many design faults that they must be loosing millions in call backs during the initial warranty. Offset that cost and product cost doesn't necessarily rise so sharply.

Take the Worcester iJunior. The flexible hose has a connection to a plastic manifold comprising the PRV and vessel connection. As you know the end of the hose is similar to a filling loop hose. For some bizzare reason they made the female connection on the plastic manifold with an entry taper too long. As a result the O ring on the hose often failed to seal leading to significant callouts from Worcester engineers. This problem must have been apparent at design stage and would take 5 minutes to correct with the CAD software and a 1/2 hour job on the moulding tool....ie minimal cost. Of course a quality part would be made from brass.

How about the retaining clip holding in the blanking plug on the Vokera Compacts (and some others). It only retains one side of the plug. The plug distorts as it's not held centrally resulting in excessive compression to the O ring on one side and guaranteed leakage.

I saw a design job advertised for a major manufacturer in the heating/plumbing industry several years ago.......the salary was not much more than a bus driver...says it all. Good engineers work in the aircraft/car industry and the dross design boilers. Incompetent manufacturers have shot themselves in the foot...it's a downward spiral...more warranty callouts so the next boiler has to cost less...more design faults...more callouts and so on.

At PHEX I even found the reps in despair at some of the ridiculous design eg the pressure gauges with no numerics.

Obviously Vaillant need to train their reps better or sack them :eek: Even a monkey can press the '-' button to obtain an accurate pressure reading :rolleyes:

Apart from failed heat exchanger seals

I've had 1 out of about 100 installed that failed. Surprisingly as I followed MI's and replaced the burner seals at the first years service I did not get more :rolleyes:

leaking hoses

Yes I've heard rumours of this, but as yet never experienced it.

faulty pressure switches

F75 was a problem, Vaillant owned up and admitted as much themselves, but also carp, dirty installations didn't help.

and spurious error codes

Pray tell me about this :confused:

I'm sure they are wonderful boilers

Actually I think they are. Good product, carp company behind them :rolleyes:

I do have sympathy with installers trying to pick a reliable boiler and it is unfortunate Ideals boilers came back to haunt you. This was not really your fault and I take back any "dishonesty" implied. It is only a few years down the line we can tell how well a boiler performs but by then it is due for replacement with the next model (at reduced quality).

Thankyou ;)

I meant that I do not posess the qualities required to compete in this trade (certainly around SE London)...that is, the ability to install carp boilers and lumber the customer with a moneypit. The corruption and dishonesty has become so endemic within the industry is has become the norm to rip customers off and leave them with appalling installations.

Good for you, but don't include me

As someone else once said the heating industy is no place for the honest.

Obviously I'm in the wrong industry then :rolleyes:

I don't need to justify myself to you since I gave up installation work...I just pick up the pieces from all the botched work.

Never asked you to, it was you that implied I was acting in an underhand immoral way :rolleyes:

And just so you don't get your knickers in a twist again I repeat you are very very very honest. :D

Yes I am and only wish other installers had the same morals as I do. Thank you for recognising that ;)

Edit; Just re-read this post and realised I sound/look like softus :eek: :LOL: :LOL: (Sorry Softus :oops: )

Agreed in the case of Worcester as boilers are not cheap and some of their millions spent on marketing and running hundreds of suits round the UK in cars unnecessarily could easily go into making kit they were once respected for.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back