Baxi EcoGen

I've been looking at the EcoGen too, does appear to be a nice piece of kit.. I've also been monitoring the consumption of electricity in my home too so for a large part of the day my boiler would generate more than enough power to run my home and sell a bit back to the grid... Not that it would ever make anyone rich... But as with all things, there are many whatifs and variables to take into account.... Being a cynic though, I would expect a little help paying for these from the power generators/distributors as every Ecogen fitted lightens the load on the National Grid which means they don't have to upgrade the grid as power consumption increases

Sponsored Links
Happyplumber";p="1447411 said:
The stirling engine in the Baxi Ecogen is designed and manufactured to very high standards. It can be compared to a compressor in a fridge freezer in that it doen't require annual servicing and rarely fails.

We have carried out years of extensive testing both in the laboratory and out in the field and are confident in the performance of the stirling engine.

:) :) :)

WHAT since 2006?

Everything you have said so far is sales speel simple question ,how long is the warranty on the engine and boiler as complete package,specially at horrendous price Baxi are charging for this unit??

Sorry for the sales spiel but it's hard to be more specific about a product that has not been launched yet.

Development and testing of the Baxi Ecogen has been carried out for around ten years.

I know this doesn't answer your question but warranty and pricing is still being finalised. Out of interest where did you get your price from?

Baxi

The stirling engine in the Baxi Ecogen is designed and manufactured to very high standards. It can be compared to a compressor in a fridge freezer in that it doen't require annual servicing and rarely fails.

We have carried out years of extensive testing both in the laboratory and out in the field and are confident in the performance of the stirling engine.

Baxi

Hi Baxi,

Can I become a part of your field trial ;)

Seriously though, would like a pre production unit for discount to give feedback, well if you don't ask you don't get... :)

Will send you a private message.

Baxi

Baxi

Hi Baxi,

Can I become a part of your field trial ;)

Seriously though, would like a pre production unit for discount to give feedback, well if you don't ask you don't get... :)

Will send you a private message.

Baxi

Hi Baxi,

I would be very interested aswell if possible.

I love the idea of microCHP.

Regards

Ryan

Sponsored Links
Dear Baxi,

I would very much like to receive a private email on the subject of participating in a Baxi ecogen trial (probably to late now thought) or used units.

I'm holding off replacing my old g-rated boiler till this piece of kit comes out. I just wish someone had more of an idea on "how much more expensive" (quoted from baxi website) they are likely to be?
especially when you factor in the only supplier will be british gas :cry:

Why is that and how long does this exclusivety agreement last?

Why oh why do I find it so hard to get any prices for mchp technology??
I have looked at the ecogen for heating a nursery I am reburbing but I'm not sure it will have enough power.
Trying to get forward thinking professionals to come and measure up (nevermind give quotes!) is the reason why I end up doing everything myself.
There seems to be a huge leap from the Baxi size of mchp upto the massive commercial 'plants'.
I'll have a chat to Carbon trust and see if the ecogen is covered by them.

Ecogen isnt going to be available for a while yet unless you get BG to fit it. BG has an exclusive tie in with baxi for the ecogen

why would anyone want one? Just another green statement, not a worthwhile investment.

Ecogen isnt going to be available for a while yet unless you get BG to fit it. BG has an exclusive tie in with baxi for the ecogen

Well I use BG Business which means that I'm probably better off waiting for global warming to kick in good and proper - it'll be quicker!!

I was going to opt for an air heat pump but was discouraged by an alternative energy company on the basis that I won't save a bean!!

This would probably suit my old Terraced with its original sash windows as I have to have the heating on most of the time.

I think baxi have made a mistake with the exclusivity agreement with British Gas. By the time British Gas have added their markup and installation costs to the price it will be too expensive.

As with all micro generation technologies people are interested in payback times first.

hi im new to this. i want to put an ecogen in my house with a twin coil cylinder and solar panels. i am qualified to do so but cant find an ecogen anywhere and like someone else said there are no prices.
its so frustrating!!!!!

green is great but if not attainable its useless.

dont mind joining a trial but im not anythin to do with the gas board.

im sure this forum is now dry but any info would be great

thank you

@gasmark1 The Baxi Ecogen will be available in the UK from 6 April 2010.

Remember that the Baxi Ecogen only generates electricity when it is producing heating and hot water. If you install solar to produce your hot water then this will offset the Baxi Ecogen's ability to produce electricity.

Any other questions and I'll try to answer.

Baxi

I thought that the sterling engine would run and produce electricity and a small amount of heating as a byproduct.

If thats not correct then why does it have to be burning gas in the boiler section as well when the engine is running?

The suggestions at the last show from salesmen were that style of boiler would be costing about £3500.

Oddly there was little information on the efficiency of the electricity generation part.

Tony

thanks baxi

from tests would it be more beneficial to fit a megaflo?

obviously in the summer it wouldnt pay back much, but if we carry on having these winters then i would have thought it may have been worth it?

have tests been carried out on this sort of system to your knowledge?
or am i a little crazy?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back