Baxi duo-tec 28 combi erp /E168 issue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Boiler 3.5yrs old, serial PSS1917*****DC

Hi guys and tia

Initial issue
Had a boiler repair yesterday (first repair for boiler) dead boiler E133 which was both fast blow 2amp integral fuses (live & neutral) had blown, due to gas valve solenoid faulty, solenoid replaced...new fuses fitted...kicked up and engineer left.

Todays issue which concerns us
Boiler went E168, yes there was a power blip (only a quick off on) in the home and other homes experienced the same, we have experienced this several times previously in the 3.5yrs of owning this boiler, and it has never had to be reset, same when owning the previous baxi instant 105e. I know of three people in our street that had the blip but they had no issues with their boilers at all.

Ours just sat on the E168 and would have stayed like that untill we reset it, which is concerning if we'd been away from home for a while

Question is...could the pcb have suffered at all, and reliability have been compromised from the solenoid fault/fuses blown issue? Very strange as never happened before, and feels a bit lacking in confidence having the other issue which was worked yesterday.
Boiler is under warranty for 7yrs so free repairs but my wife is an unwell woman and we can always do without the hassle, especially if could be an acceptable incident considering what I've said.

Thanks a lot for any comments
Neil

Sponsored Links
It could be an underlying fault, or possibly due to the power dip. If it’s under warranty just let Baxi sort it. I know you can do without hassle, but if it goes altogether then there’s more hassle.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back