Baxi Main boiler having problems igniting

I've just found the location of the APS. I've recorded where all the attachements go. Now all I have to do is replace (with the electrics off of course). Here goes.

Sponsored Links
I climbed up on the roof to inspect the vertical flue and noticed that it does not have a cap. With rain fall and moister in the air, can this be the way in which the water penetrates the machine?

you gotta get this sorted asap, little point fixing it if its open to rain ect.

Success. The boiler is now fully operational. Obviously, I'm pleased there is hot water but clearly there is a design fault with this particular boiler. I found threads on other forums to suggest the same.

I wonder how long before this APS goes. I don't think it will matter once I get my BG insurance set up. All that I need now is the original installer to come round next week, rectify the plumbing issues underneath the boiler in order to qualify for insurance.

Thank you everyone for all your advice.

I told you to get that changed 3 weeks ago! Anyway, glad you have it fixed. :)

Sponsored Links
What I'll do until Tuesday is only use the boiler when I need a bath. In between those times, I'll put a bag on top of the flue to prevent the torrential rain we've been having from penetrating the machine.

I will highlight the lack of a cap to GasSafety when they pop round next week.

Is the lack of a cap on the vertical flue technically classed as a gas safety issue? I only ask this because GasSafety told me last week that the poor plumbing underneath the boiler is not a gas safety issue and as such they do not have the legal power to force the installer back, merely invite him back.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back