BAXI,MAIN,POTTERTON CONDENSATION TRAP BROKEN

I jumped ship 5 months ago so they may have changed it. It's the acrylic stuff they make them from that's the problem in my eyes, and the fact that you have to remove the side of the boiler to check it if you care about leaving the customer with a leaking boiler you have just fitted.

Anyway I'me off to a baxi evening next wednesday but that's so they can tell us how great they are at making solar stuff. Worcester have already showed me and ALpha are due to. Looks like the great solar scam is rolling.

Sponsored Links
I have never seen any Poxy boilers with leaking traps.

Perhaps its because I seem to go to very few recent condensing boilers probably because they are very reliable?

Tony

More goodwill is lost to a manufacturer by their salesmen making offers but not following through than anything else. I would have stayed with the performa 30he as my cheap boiler if the salesman had sent me the condensate traps he promised.

I've never had any problem of anby nature with the Sabres and have now fitted more of those than the Potty's..

Anyway the vokera rep and his boss came to see me to find out why I didn't want to sell the vokera version. EASY, price. So we shook hands on an amsising price that day, I bought two boilers and they never delivered the goods.

So a new salesman came along and he came to see me, I said look mate if you don't make it as easy for me as falling off a log, I'll sell the sabres. So this time it worked, my price is set up at the merchants, and I shall now sell the vokera as long as they continue to honour the agreement. I'm not holding my breath.

That really is an appalling story Paul.

I suppose its because being a low calibre salesman is a job given to talkative people with no sales training and no understanding of customer service.

Some of them are really very flippant and tell lots of lies.

Their technical understanding is often minimal.

At 2005 CORGI show, an oil storage combi "sales engineer" did not know what happened when the storage had been used up. He thought it just gave totally cold water!

Tony

Sponsored Links
At least the Ideal salesmen admit their boilers are rubbish (well they did at interbuild) :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back