baxi solo 2 40 rs ,constant small flame on burner.....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi guys, wonder if you can help with this one.....my baxi 2....no fan ,basic model about 11 years old...has been making a faint "galloping" noise for a while now, when it is not on and burning !

on inspection the pilot is fine but the main burner is allways burning with a very low faint flame, which is causing the noise very quiete in the house but a bit louder outside by the flue.

its as if the gas valve is sticking open just a little to allow gas thru.

if i press the pilot purge (big grey ) button when the pilot is lit , the low flame on the burner goes out..until i let go ,then it comes back again...

when i call for heat it all works fine with a big flame , but reverts back when it is supposed to shut down the main flame....

is my gas valve buggered ? or can it be be getting a bit of leaked power from the control which is keeping it partially open......

i appreciate any advice chaps....

cheers daz

Sponsored Links
On the face of it, it sounds like the gas valve is knackered.

This is a job for a RGI , not DIY I'm afraid.

Your gas valve is definitly passing and is classed as immediatly dangerous and needs turning off and new valve fitted .
Valve prob around 80 quid and take about half hour to fit.

Sponsored Links
cheers chaps.......have shut it down and will call my favorite local gas man

thanx

DAZ

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back