Focal point balanced flue gas fire - Flame small

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I have a focal point balanced flue gas fire and when it is switched on the main burner does light but the flame is very small. I have cleaned the injecturs and the burner assembke. Checked all the pipes but the flame does still not increase.

I have changed the gas valve BM733 (Dungs) and still the flame on the burner is very small.

Can it be the assembly pilot ???

Sponsored Links
you should leave it off and call an RGI. You've gone beyond the realms of diy. Focal Point + DIY = ?

get an RGI to isolate the supply and rip it out is the only advice i would give on anything thrown together by this company

lethal and death traps are the first thoughts for anything made by focalshite.

Yes the work has been carried out by a RGI and has charged me £120 for the gas valve and the servicing, when I mean I its not actually me but what I mean is I have had the work carried out

The RGI is telling me its the pilot assembly and I donlt beleive him. He is also telling me the item is discontinued

Sponsored Links
sounds a bit like an incompetent numpty if he can't diagnose a fault with a fire. Get a different engineer and make sure he's suitably quailified to work on gas fires.

Cant see how it can be pilot assy, blockage in gas pipe to it if injectors /tap assy all been cleaned PROPERLY

Hi,
I have spent £120 it's too late for the gas fire to be thrown out. The engineer has informed me that it may be the thrmocouple. But if it's the thermocouple the burner should not light is that correct ?

With what you have wasted on the moppet you could have purchased a nice electric fire, and Probably live a lot longer to enjoy it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back