baxi solo 2 60 pf pcb noise

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My baxi boiler has a droning/switching noise from the pcb. There are two different scenarios:

1. When the system is calling for heat the droning /switching noise starts for two minutes, then the boiler works fine with no noise.

2. When the system is calling for heat the droning/switching noise starts and does not stop, and the boiler never fires up. (no lights illuminated).

Anyone any ideas??

Thanks,

Fethey.

Sponsored Links
Is the noise from the pcb and is it a chattering sound?

The noise is definateley from the PCB. The noise is very audible and I can only describe it as electrical drone with some light electronic clicking which is less audible.

I suppose it could be described as a chattaring noise.

Sponsored Links
Are the relays easy to swap? I have had the pcb out to check it with no probs.

I am clearly out of my depth. ACL 3 port valve means nowt to me bax.

Other than a straight pcb swap, I am struggling without some education.

ACL valve usually found near the pump and hot water tank.

could be the source of the problem.

Think I am going to have to get a plumber/engineer to the boiler. The trouble shooting guide is telling me to change the potentiometer, as the bolier does nothing when the pcb is making the chattering noise.

When the bolier is working I think I am going to have difficulty explaining the fault to someone.(this is baking my suede).

If you think of owt else, please let me know.

Thanks.

If there are no lights whatsoever then baxpoti suggestion of the 3 port valve is worth looking into.

If you mean the boiler live light is lit but no other lights are lit, then try checking the aps, could be intermittently dropping out.

How do I check the 3 port valve?

When the system is calling for heat, this noise just keeps going on and on and the boiler does not fire up.There are no lights illuminated whatsoever when this noise occurs.

Any info would be appreciated.Ta.

had this and before and have replaced the PCB and that has sorted it

:)

if its what I think of the clattering is too fast to be explained by the mid pos valve

Spoken to a plumber this morning and he agrees with corgiman. I am going to put in a new PCB tomorrow. I will let you know the outcome.

Thanks to all.

Swapped PCB yesterday and it now appears to be working fine with no strange noises. Thanks to all for your posts.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back