Baxi Solo 3 Pilot/Burner Lights Off

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
G'evening all,

I'm stuck without central heating/hot water :(

I have a Baxi Solo 3 PFL 40, and currently when turning central heating/hot water on I get

Overheat Light: Off
Boiler Light: On
Fan Light: On
Pilot Light: Off
Burner Light: Off

20190617_125600.jpg

20190617_125621.jpg

I can hear the fan, it sounds slightly odd but I'm not sure if there's something wrong with it.

Any ideas what the problem might be?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Apols, didn't read OP properly.

Ignore my advice re fan, you will still need GS bod though.

Thanks, I've left a message with a local GS reg person, just waiting for them to get back to me.

Last edited:
For anyone curious it turned out there was a hole/gap in one of the tubes connecting to the fan so it wasn't providing enough pressure, so it was just a matter of fixing that tube back on properly.

Didn't need to replace any parts. The engineer who came out to fix it was really nice.

Probably a bit of a waste of money overall though if I'd had a bit more patience and tried to check it out myself I may have spotted it.

Glad you got it sorted. You didn't need a GS engineer to replace the fan, it's nowhere near the gas supply. You need someone who knows a bit about boiler operation and is competent with electrics/electronics.

=============================
Not correct.. A Gas Engineer is required, to touch anything inside the boiler case.
Air flow is for combustion :rolleyes:.

Mod
=============================

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad you got it sorted. You didn't need a GS engineer to replace the fan, it's nowhere near the gas supply. You need someone who knows a bit about boiler operation and is competent with electrics/electronics.
Not so, the fan is inside the combustion chamber so you have to be Competent to change the fan and carry out the necessary safety checks afterwards, nothing to do with any gas supply

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back